Friday, October 25, 2013

The Process Of...(1999)



What can I say about this record that hasn't already been said? I don't really care how many people have already sung its praises in the past. I'm doing it again.

This was the first record I heard by the band, as I didn't get into EVERY popular hardcore band from the same time period all at once AND this was the one record by them that was released by Century Media, a label I was more inclined to being familiar with in my middle school metal-head years. This album was insanely before its time. It displays my favorite style of guitar playing and musicianship in the entire hardcore/metalcore genre: sporatic and nervously dispersed 90s influenced riffage I'd compare to Vision of Disorder and Indecision. It garners the most pronounced and passionate vocal performance from Jon Gula, a recording more than worthy of the likes of Century Media's already lengthy respected clientele base, and is a memorably HEAVY and catchy piece of work throughout. Had this band toured extensively with the right support and actually put out the mysterious follow up that had been in the works for so long after The Process Of's time in the sun, I'm more than positive Turmoil would still be in the spotlight this very moment. Jaded as it may sound, there will never be another hardcore/metalcore crossover album remotely this good ever again.



 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment